Warranty And Returns - Oitem Terms and Conditions
Oitem Terms and Conditions - Warranty and Returns
Oitem guarantees all products bought from us with a 12-month warranty against defects in quality.
To read a shorter summary about our warranty please click here.
If your product has a problem now, and you want to know what to do, click here.
For all Oitem Terms & Conditions, click here.
This article is about the warranty on products you buy from Oitem.com
All goods dispatched from Oitem are checked for quality, including checks of the appearance of the goods, the function of the hardware and software, the packaging, and inclusion of applicable accessories and power adapters.
Oitem aims to communicate openly, promptly, and carefully with all customers in relation to issues with received goods.
If you are a customer with goods which appear to have a problem, please talk to us before initiating complaints with Paypal or your credit card provider. Usually there is a way for us to resolve your issue quickly and make you satisfied!
What Does Oitem’s Warranty Imply?
As a wholesaler Oitem can only offer compensation for faulty products. In other words if the product is broken you can contact us to send it back for a repair.
Warranty Does Not Include:
The warranty does not include any kind of:
- Technical support on product usability
- Advice about product’s configuration
- Recommendations about how to connect products or compatibility
- Software or firmware update as it would void Oitem’s warranty
- Product issue diagnostic and troubleshooting advice
Warranty By Default Covers Repair
The Oitem warranty means we will repair your faulty item for free and send it back to you for free. Other compensation is not normally available. If an item is impossible to repair to a good working condition we will credit you the product cost instead. Shipping fees are not refundable as they not are charged by Oitem.
When Does The 12 Month Warranty Start From?
The warranty period begins from the receipt of the goods by the initial consignee. In the case of resellers, this is when the vendor receives the goods from Oitem. The period is exactly 365 days from that time. For example, a product on the 365th day is covered, but a product on the 366th is no longer covered.
Who Pays For What?
- Cost of shipping a presumably faulty item back to Hong Kong or China: Paid by the customer, cannot be reimbursed.
- Cost of import duties, restocking fees and other compensation on the Hong Kong or China sides: Import duties and restocking fees on the Hong Kong and China side will be waived for faulty products and paid by Oitem in full. In other words our QC engineers will test products you ship back and, if they confirm the products are indeed faulty, we will offer compensation (repair, credit or refund). However, for products that are tested and turn out to be in good working condition, Oitem will not accept any responsibility and may charge a restocking value at our own discretion. Functional products will not be reimbursed.
- Cost of shipping repaired item back to customer from China: paid by Oitem in full. In order to facilitate customs clearance,we will normally use Airmail and EMS if applicable to send back the repaired item to you.
- If a product cannot be repaired:The original product price will be refunded in the form of credit in your Oitem account. You can use the credit towards a brand new replacement or a different product.
- Any new import duty or sales tax for the consignee for the returned repaired products sent from China is their responsibility as per the usual policies.
In What Situations Are Returns/Compensation NOT Approved By Oitem?
Below are instances where a customer will not be eligible for returns and/or compensation:
- Unapproved returns or returned products not processed through Oitem’s RMA procedure;
- Products whose 12-Month warranty period has expired;
- Received returned products that are damaged because of inadequate or unsecure packaging;
- Products that were originally approved for return through our RMA procedure but have been confirmed by our QC engineers to be functioning after testing shall not be returned to the buyer.
- Broken products caused by misuse or mishandling;
- Returns of your unwanted, unsold yet functional products;
- Products bought by mistake
The customer is solely responsible for choosing the right product, including for example
We will send you exactly what you order, so please read descriptions before purchasing.If the consignee of a delivery refuses or fails to accept delivery for any reason, including refusal to comply with customs clearance/costs or simply having an incorrect address, Oitem accepts no liability and the customer will not be eligible for compensation.
- The "correct" desired memory capacity
- The "right " feature or product
- Screen size
- Digital tv format( DVB-T/ATSC/ISDB-T )
- GSM band
- NTSC/PAL color region
Warranty and RMA process FAQ
Exceptions to Warranty